Friday, May 4, 2012

Faith in Action

I have often wondered why the Lord would use the most wretched of sinners to bring about such glorious victories in the Bible.  One such person is Rahab.  I too have been where Rahab was; waiting on the wall looking for hope while living a life of sin...then she saw them and knew she HAD to act.  One Woman's faith changed the course of history.  Her "choice" to believe in THE God of the Hebrews and hide the men of the Lord so they could escape, eventually saved her WHOLE house. When the city of Jericho fell (Joshua 6:17-25), Rahab and her whole family were preserved according to the promise of the spies, and were incorporated among the Jewish people. I once struggled with how God could ever use my house, my life, my past to do anything for Him. Then I read this story and it changed my life.  It was the beginning of my deliverance from the sin of addiction. It was a message of just how big my God is and how great is His grace and forgiveness; for surely if He could use a harlot's house to save a nation; then maybe, just maybe He would use me.  Surrender to His will and death to my self is where the miracle happens.  "Gird up thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me." (Job 38:3, 40:7) We ALL have to answer to God when He requires of us to stand accountable; so, I want my substance, my loins, my core to be a foundation of Truth; for the truth shall set us free!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog world little sister! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :-) I am loving being able to share the wonderful blessings of the Word.

    ReplyDelete