Thursday, September 19, 2013

Jonah 2:8

My morning verse was Jonah 2:8-9 KJVA

"They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. "

At first I wasn't quite sure what the Lord might wanna say to me today, but the more I thought about it  the truth for me became clearer...
When you trust in your own foolish ways and thoughts, you are turning away the free gift of God's mercy...
So often I get discouraged because I don't trust God completely. Somehow I equate what He is  capable and willing to do with what man might do. Soooo wrong...it's a lie that robs me... Just because man may not forgive or because a feat is impossible for man to do does NOT mean this holds true for the Lord ...it's actually the complete opposite...the bible tells me so... "with God, all things are possible" 
Leaning unto my own understanding leaves me feeling frustrated and defeated...but wow, when I realize He is Holy and perfect, and He's all I need and that His mercy is my own, my heart and spirit then find peace... 
I love my verse for today...He's so awesome!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Amen! : )Isn't the Holy Spirit wonderful the way He takes Scripture and speaks truth directly to each person's heart, giving us understanding and with that understanding...Joy! and Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!! He is a mighty and wonderful God!!

    ReplyDelete