Wednesday, October 30, 2013

yes and amen!



"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. " (Psalm 42:11)


This morning I awoke with such a heavy heart and I wasn't quite sure why...so, when I read this verse, I truly identified with the psalmist when he cried with frustration,  "why art thou cast down O my soul?" I understood what it meant to have a disquieted spirit within me. As I began to pray about why, I thought about how often I pray about something yet I really do not let it go.  I may wipe my tears and wash my face but I am still feeling just as defeated as when I uttered my first plea for help.
 I know that He can do anything, yet I am still  unsettled about receiving an answer from Him...I cry out the same prayer as David did and I am so broken and a little peeved at myself because I have no peace...whyyyyyy? Well, David knew the answer and it's right here at the end of this verse...because I am not hiding myself in Him, I don't leave my burden surrendered at the Cross. 

Oh that I would grab hold of these truths:  He is our hope, praise Him in the midst of your battle, praise Him even when the answer isn't coming as swiftly as you want it to, believe that He is your God and "God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early." (Ps 45:5) 
Know that He IS the health to our countenance, smiling as your tears stream down your face, because you have complete confidence in His promise,  "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee : because he trusteth in thee." (Is. 26:3).
 He is our God, His promises are YES and AMEN! I may not know His exact plan for my life is, but oh to just trust in His perfect way, leaving my future up to Him for real is where peace lies...saying with all confidence and trust, "you WILL do abundantly more than I could ever think or ask ... It's a fact!" 








No comments:

Post a Comment