Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Be Still...


Our mind is a constant battle ground.   The devil taunts and tempts us in all sorts of different ways and we DO listen to him.  I can’t tell you a time when I DIDN’T hear his little sneaky voice.  It is easy to believe the negative things about ourselves and our lives; his lies are easy to believe.    The devil doesn’t make bad things happen, he just brings them to our attention over and over until we begin to become so confused…and the lines between the past, present and future blur.   Remembrances …we all have them.  They can either encourage us or keep us stuck.  If we look at the hand of God in all those situations, we will be overwhelmed with gratefulness.  I know myself that I could NOT have the life I do now, without Him.

Thomas could believe Christ was never coming back; but to have faith in His resurrection? No! Not even when others , that he trusted, had already seen Jesus.  He had to have proof.{ The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. John 20: 25 }
He spent eight days of his life sad and doubting Christ had done just what He said He would do.{ And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. MARK 8:31.}

Are we not like this as well?  We want God to sky-write the answers to our prayers and when He doesn’t, we think He hasn’t answered and never will.  And we waste valuable time not serving the Lord with the confidence and joy that we could have had if only we had the faith to believe in ALL the goodness of the Lord.  Why are God’s truths so HARD for us to believe and act upon?
Jesus had a little something to say about those who have true faith. {Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.}   He calls them BLESSED (divinely favored, protected, prospered). 

 When I don’t understand my life, when I am in the midst of decision and so uncertain of what is the right thing to do is; He shows up and brings peace.  The condition of that peace is keeping my heart and mind fixed upon Him and seeking the wisdom that is from above.  And wow, does He ever supply… He is speaking to me all the time, rather or not I am listening.  If I would stop listening to the devil… and, with trust, patience and character, wait upon Him and believe that He IS, then He WILL bring all good things to pass...
Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him…(Psalm 37:3-7b)

 I believe one of the reasons the Lord has told me many many times to just “be still” is because when I am quite in my spirit, then I HEAR HIM speaking to my soul.   By his grace and through His WORD we can find the answer to any of our questions.   So, the next time you are finding yourself to be a little like Thomas;  be still and listen…He is waiting on you!!

Truly my soul waiteth upon GOD: from HIM cometh my salvation.  He ONLY is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I  shall not be greatly moved.
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. (He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in my God.
Trust in HIM AT ALL TIMES; ye people, pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
Psalm 62:1-2,5-8


2 comments:

  1. Thanks my friend, this post is a wonderful encouragement and blessing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-) SOOO glad ...thanks for reading it... <3

    ReplyDelete