Thursday, June 7, 2012

JUST GOOD


And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise? Matthew 21:16

I truly am gonna have to start keeping a notebook on all the great things these kids say... I’m either laughing or reflecting... God is good!


My nephew, Obadiah, who is now six and a half, drops a piece of popsicle in my floor and this is the candid conversation that followed...

Me: “Glad ya didn't eat that”
Obadiah:” I started to but decided I better not “
Me: “Why's that?”
Obadiah: “You never vacuum the floor”
Me: “Well, Obadiah, I do too”
Obadiah: grinning sheepishly... “Ok Tonn Tonn Oooookaaay! ;-)”

I am just the BEST housekeeper EVER! baaahaahaa LOL, I do promise I vacuum... just not when I have my kiddos around!  They grow up waaay to fast and the time I have with them is so precious that I refuse to spend it cleaning when I can spend it playing and reading and laughing! 

My youngest nephew, Silas,  who is almost five ,  prays at bedtime this prayer: "Pray for my family, pray to stay the night with Aunt TonnTonn, pray for the libary tomorrow, that it don't rain, pray for the have a good day, AMEN"
 (oh that I would have that innocent faith in God that He cares about EVERYTHING that's on our minds and in our hearts... )

Silas at bedtime:  “Will you sing us a song and pray Aunt TonnTonn?”
Me, beaming from ear to ear: “You bet!”
Silas: “I meant just a song, I don't want you to pray, well I mean I do, but NOT.
J

(I think it was because he knew my prayer would be longer than 30 seconds) LOL LOL LOL

Once more I find myself just so very thankful for all the kids the Lord has blessed my life with.  I am an Aunt TonnTonn, Aunt Tonnie and Miss Tonya to babies from birth to 25!  I know Mom’s say that hearing their kids say Momma the first time is precious…and oh, I have NO DOUBT that it truly is, I just happen to think the same way about that little one calling out  TonnTonn or Tonnie and when a young one from church comes running up to me and jumps in my arms and says “I love you Miss Tonya, look at my new shoes! “ I am on cloud seventy million ! ;-) 

My heart just melts and becomes so full that I sometimes have to take a second look in prayer to make sure that this is MY life… J  A wretched ole sinner like me has a beautifully forgiven and free existence to go and live abundantly with joy! WOW!
Yeah, I am blessed and VERY thankful to HIM for filling my life with family, children, godly friends, a Church and  love  that I never expected to have in this lifetime.

 So, rather it’s ‘Poppin’ Jacks, or ‘Neckflits’, or an occasional “Haaaay Gurrrr, whatcha doin? Or WUB you,  I pray God will help me to take the “Mackifier glass” (the Word ) and look at all things carefully and see them for the blessings they truly are… HIS promises fulfilling everyday!

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  Psalm 27:13



2 comments:

  1. Amen, JUST GOOD! : )
    Sounds to me like you are
    delighting yourself in the Lord
    and He keeps His promises....
    Psalm 37:4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delight thyself in the LORD and He will give thee the desires of thine heart!.... so glad HE knows what I need even when I don't... the Spirit maketh intercession on our behalf... LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete