Thursday, June 21, 2012

Impossible Possible...

As I faced what seemed to be an impossible situation and my heart was breaking, God gave me such peace in His Word.  I would love to share that with you right now.  I pray it will be a blessing to you as it has been to me....
 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob and he that formed thee, O Israel Fear Not; for I have redeemed thee I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou walkest throught the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
Yea before the day was I am he, and there is none that can deliver our of my hand; I will work, and who shall let it?
I am the Lord your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King. Thus saith the Lord, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way {an opening for passage} in the wilderness {an empty or pathless area}; and rivers {natural stream of water of usually considerable volume}  in the desert  {such land having a very warm climate and receiving less than 25 centimeters (10 inches) of sporadic rainfall annually}
Is. 43:1,2,13,15-17 


When I read these scriptures this morning, I wish I could tell you that the hurt I was feeling went right away, but it didn't.  I cried even harder because  I felt that I was somehow letting God down by not letting go of it.  But the truth of these verses began to work on my heart and they soon became a balm for my soul...
 
When we feel our hearts are overwhelmed with the pain from reaping what we have sown; rather it is an emotional consequence, physical or both; we can take comfort that God's chastisement is given in measure {jer 30:11} ; that it is neither too much or too little, too long or too short... it is just what we will need to learn the lesson that will strengthen us for the journey.  His promise is that He WILL redeem us, heal us and bring forth a new  song...a life full of making the impossible possible.  

 
Think about this for a second (longer if ya REALLY wanna blessing), He says that we need to forget the former things... to not even consider the old.  Now, when I started to think about the word consider it brought a new light to this truth.  When we consider something, we really think upon it, weigh it out...the very definition of the word is... to think about carefully: as  to think of especially with regard to taking some action.  I don't know about you, but I don't want my present actions to based on analyzing my past behaviors and sins.  

 
There is a lot to be said about the Lord telling the children of Israel to let go of it and move on.  They had let him down a lot and He had to chastise them much...but, here He is telling them to LET IT GO...He had!! He had new and more wonderful things in store for them...and He does us too.  He says "I will even make a way in the wilderness, I will make rivers (PLURAL) in the desert"... A desert is, by very definition, not a place where water flows. It is arid and dry with such little rainfall (less than 10 inches a year) so, how can not just one natural large stream of water, but MANY run through it?  Folks this IS making the impossible happen.   That is HIS promise not mine. 

 
When my life seems so confusing and navigation is so difficult ... His promise is that He will open a path in pathless place ! WHAT A BLESSING and comfort to know... you see where the balm for my soul began? And, he just keeps soothing... as I cried those many tears, the seemingly impossible began to take place... peace, sweet peace that all would be ok and that He will make even the driest of deserts a place where refreshing rivers flow... when I think that life is just too painful , he sends relief.... in many unsuspecting ways if I just stay open to them, I will see them and find joy in the midst of sorrow.  

 
Life sometimes can seem cruel and so unorganized...it just doesn't make any sense to our souls.  What we can or can not do sometimes makes us sad and the devil wants us to feel inadequate or defeated.  But oh, how we need not let this kind of thinking take hold.     He created each of us with such love and as I told a friend, He NEVER makes a mistake.  I know by His word that I am "fearfully and wonderfully created by his own hands"  and  I took joy in that.  I am not perfect by any means, but I have purpose and that is to praise Him with all I've got. 

 
 This morning I was reminded once again that I am not in control of anything.  His ways are not mine and THANK SWEET JESUS FOR THAT! Cause I would only mess it up.  We have a Savior, like none other, and He has a plan... and how could I not just love it when a plan comes together!!

tlb

2 comments:

  1. Amen, I'm trusting His promises too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that the Lord keeps revealing new things everyday...

    ReplyDelete