Saturday, April 4, 2015

again, and again

When the pslamist wrote,
"For thou hast delivered my soul from death..." I have to believe he knew a little something about defeat, and what it was like to see redemption bring him victory. I would say that is why he finished the verse by saying, "wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" He knew where his strength and help was, and he claimed it, almost as if he were saying, "haven't I already seen you take care of greater battles than this little fight? Sure I have, so you got this one too.  (Psalms 56:13)
I have really been struggling lately, feeling defeated and burdened with my disobedient nature, however, I must keep looking unto Jesus, the author and FINISHER of my faith...even when I don't feel worthy to call out his name, I must. Will he not deliver me again and again? Of course he will, because He's just that merciful, and He's just that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment