Thursday, August 20, 2015

Warranties and the Word

Today I called upon my friends, once more, to pray over a vehicle situation - mine is broke. However, what's amazing is that God already had a plan. A plan to put things in perspective for me, using a lost warranty paper. You see, in order for me to be able to afford get my transmission fixed, I had to show my paperwork for the warranty I have on my used car (which was my second blessing 5 months ago when my first blessing bought me the car -yes, you read that right, someone bought me a car, said God laid me on his heart.)

Ok, so, yes, I have much to be thankful for, yet when I couldn't find my warranty last night,  what did I do? Fill up with calmness and serenity, oh you jest! No, it took me a few minutes, well, hours, to find peace. I started praying as I looked through folders, Bibles, purses, drawers, glove boxes and trash, finally I literally had this conversation with my Father, "Lord, I'm sorry I'm scatterbrained, but, you know all about that don't you,  cause you made my brain." Then, I chuckled and went on to bed.

 When I started thinking about taking my car to the mechanic this morning, all I could do was call upon my blessed prayer warrior friends to pray for me and my predicament, and bless their little loving hearts, that's what they did. One friend said, "Keep looking for that warranty, I'm praying," another replied, "Praying, right now, love you," and another, "oh no, I'm praying right now," and "I'm praying specifically for you to find that warranty, keep looking," and yet even more texts came in affirming that they were praying and that they loved me.

 Well, now, let me tell you what God did for His scatterbrained daughter. He cleared the clutter from my mind as soon as I refocused on Him. All those loving and faith-filled prayers began cleansing my heart and mind of the fear that had began to creep in. When I began thanking Him for all He had done for me, where He had brought me from and for providing for me all these years, a moment of clarity came - look behind the contract you signed when you bought your car, it might be that that's the warranty and not just the contract. And folks,  guess what - voila, there it was, the warranty paper!! I had pulled those two papers from my Dad's Bible the first thing. I was in awe of God, and laughing at myself. He used that to teach me a very fundamental truth, you can search and search in all the places you think will get you what you need, but the only place you will find peace is in Him, so look there first, and always trust that His word is where it's at!!

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." 2nd Samuel 22:31 

No comments:

Post a Comment