Wednesday, September 28, 2016


I love the Word of God, it is so full of treasures. We could never have enough time to seek them all out - they are too vast. But when we do seek, we are promised that we will find. Let me explain. As I was going though my Bible study today, the author encouraged us to take one of the verses from the readings and personalize it. When I came across Acts 11:23-24, I began writing it out  (inserting my name in key parts) and man, did it ever make my soul wiggle with conviction and excitement. How many times had I heard sermons preached about "the encourager," Barnabas - too many to recount; but today, those verses became priceless jewels to my heart. Barnabas testimony became very real to me because I have seen the grace of God, and I long to be an encourager for Christ like he was. I pray to grow, and become a woman of deep faith and full of the Holy Spirit, a woman with a testimony that makes a difference, leading people to look to Jesus. I am not always the student of the Word that I should be, nevertheless, He is always the faithful provider of truth, forgiveness and grace when I seek Him. As I encourage all of us to be in His word, I am reminded that it is our Father's good pleasure to give us the kingdom, (Luke 12:32) and His word is where wisdom and direction are found. (James 1:5, Prov. 3:5-6) So, let's go hunt some treasure, shall we?

♡t
                             
                  

When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should cleave unto the Lord. For he was a good man full of the Holy Ghost and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord. (Acts 11:23‭-‬24)


No comments:

Post a Comment