Saturday, September 17, 2016

Spending time ...

I woke up this morning at 4:30 and was unable to fall back to sleep; so, I got up, thinking maybe there was something the LORD needed to say. I have tons of resources, and usually, I pick one up and it fits my day; however, this morning wasn't starting off that way. As I opened my Bible I thought, "I don't know what to read Lord, I'm kinda lost for direction." Do you ever have those 'lean' times where you find that not all quiet times are full of deep insight and buckets of tears? Well, I have, and He is teaching me that sometimes, it's simply about spending time with Him, allowing yourself to read and enjoy the beauty of His words,  finding yourself within the struggles and joys of the people who have lived it all before you. He will always "guide me with [His] counsel, there is none upon the earth that I desire besides [Him.] (Psalm 73:24-25) Often He isn't in the wind or the earthquake or fire, He is in the still small voice, and those times that we believe to be lean, are in fact, more full of His presence than we realize. (I Kings 19)

♡t


No comments:

Post a Comment