Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cars, Bathtubs and Stillness



Sometimes when I'm sitting here, and the day is peaceful, and life isn't such a hurried mess, I find myself thinking about how good it is to sit still before the Lord and just be quiet. However, what happens to that stillness when I get lost in tomorrow's inevitable chaos? It becomes more of a seemingly elusive choice,  a choice to stop, even if for one minute, and be quiet. (My car or bathtub are looking pretty promising as domains of quietness) No phone, computer, textbook, or people to distract my collective focus on simply listening, and feeling His breath upon my scattered soul.

I'm not saying it will be easy by any means, but I am telling myself it is possible, because it is my choice. His words of promise, redemption, instruction and love assure me that He wants what is best for us individually, and as a collective creation, learning to lean on Him, listen and stand still before Him is an action..."belief is a verb" is how Ann Voskamo puts it, I liked that.

So, my friend, I am sending out a word of encouragement for you to stand still, and see His salvation, listen to His voice, it is possible to hear it, even in the midst of a crazy world and even busier life. Let His word uplift your tired soul and weary heart - His pleasure is to give you the kingdom, so shouldn't we trust Him for even the smallest if things?

 "There are many plans in a man’s heart,
nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand. “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,  Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. Commit your works to the Lord,
And your thoughts will be established. “Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32, Proverbs 19:21, Isaiah 55: 8-9, Proverbs 16:3)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Information to all the viewers

    ReplyDelete